BPU400- Advantages of Orbitek’s Patented Biodiesel Production Unit
Efficiency Means Economy
As the price of feedstock rises, efficiency in operation becomes paramount. Lower operating costs and higher yields mean a better bottom line. The cornerstone of the Orbitek’s system is the processor, the BPU400. By refining the reaction Orbitek‘s system produces ASTM quality biodiesel with a smaller capital investment and lower operating costs. Orbitek CFT TM Biodiesel Systems are economical to purchase and economical to operate.
- New generation CFT TM technology that provides highly-efficient, ultra-fast reaction and processing for a 99.8% yield.
- Low-energy consumption estimated at less than 1000 BTUs/gallon of biodiesel produced including electrical and heat.
- Recovery and recycling of virtually all excess Methanol reducing catalyst cost.
- Small Footprint of only 8 ft wide by 20 ft long, BPU400 will fit in many prefab steel buildings which lower infrastructure expenses.
- Glycerin separation that yields glycerin up to 90% purity.
- Shop fabrication and assembly of the BPU400 means lower manufacturing costs and higher quality control of the final product … a better system= less down time.
Program Logic Means Plug & Play
Orbitek’s program logic control system is the brains of theBPU-400 unit and helps ensure the unit will be run as it is designed to be run each and every time.
- Continuous quality control of output
- Safety through continuous monitoring of key process parameters & alarms
- Unit can be run independently or linked with other units and management control systems
- Off-site monitoring capabilities
- Service friendly
“Eco-Logical” means Safety & Low Environmental Impact
which translates into reducing operating liabilities. It begins with a well engineered unit that is built around safety and low environmental impact. It also includes the continuous monitoring capabilities provided by its program logic control system and in the proper training of the unit’s operating personnel.
- Alerts and automatic shutdown for maximum safety
- Sniffers to detect methanol leaks
- Fast reaction means less methanol is in the system at any given time
- Remote alarm capabilities
- Web-enabled monitoring
- BPU400 has a drainable tray at its base to reduce risks of uncontained spills
- Full automation minimizing human error
- BPU400 is a closed loop system with No VOCs
Scalability & Flexibility Means You Can Grow with the Market
First to market is often one of the critical keys to a business’ success, but so is flexibility and scalability. Being able to grow with the market limits your initial risks and capital costs, while ensuring that your hard work and vision will pay-off.
Innovation Means Continued Competitiveness
Orbitek is committed to its on-going research & development projects and in working with other leading technology and service providers to ensure that its technology will remain the industry leader.
The BPU400 is capable of handling multiple feedstocks. Our Anhydrative Preprocessing
system can make very high free fatty acid suitable for transesterification.
The BPU400 is designed to operate at approximately 480 gallons per hour or 4 million gallons per year based on 350 days of continuous operations and peak production. The units can be operated singly or in parallel with other units to achieve the output capacity desired by the producer. Clients can start small to lower their entry costs into the industry and ramp-up in production volume as the economics of their particular situations dictate. When multiple units are employed the producer will achieve economies of scale with centralized controls and a centralized heat source while requiring minimal manpower. Using multiple units for larger outputs also offers operating economies during maintenance and servicing. Units can be serviced one at a time to avoid the lost production associated with having to shut down the entire system for maintenance.
Orbitek’s production system will make biodiesel which meets or exceeds the standards set by ASTM and EN. However, we recommend polishing due to variations in feedstock and catalysts which can and do occur even with the most reputable commodity vendors.
Orbitek recommends that clients consider certification as a BQ9000 Accredited Producer. In an environment where the end user will only warrant their engines for ASTM quality fuel… bad biodiesel is bad for the industry, bad for the market and bad for you as the producer. Accredited status is an influential factor when securing an off-take contract. In this environment, BQ9000 is good business.